Ethics & Language of Teaching
You might find in your teaching that the postures and practice flow easily in your own being, but converting a body of movement into words that speak to a diverse population of students can be daunting. Together we will work on verbal cue refinement by studying a language of human diversity with regard to body, culture, and that of non-violent communication.
In addition, this course will offer a no-holds-barred conversation on the issues that come with power and responsibility around stepping into the seat of a yoga teacher.
We will cover:
- Ethical questions common to teaching public yoga classes, and give students the opportunity to discuss openly best practices when addressing challenging concerns within the student-teacher relationship
- Language of teaching, including the practice of Nonviolent Communication
- Review of Gardener's model of multiple intelligences.
- De-centering the Settler/Colonized Ego in Healing Spaces
- The guru problem
- Inclusivity & body positivity
- Oppression, Privilege and Ally-ship
Two 1/2 tuition scholarships available to people underrepresented in mainstream yoga and wellness communities--including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ folx, people with disabilities, and people with abundant bodies--who will use this knowledge to make wellness spaces more diverse in terms of size and ability.
Two partial scholarships also available
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of intent to receive a scholarship.
To secure your place in the program, you'll need to submit at least a $250 by August 15th using one of the following methods:
- through Venmo @twobirdsyogatraining / Elizabeth Cox with the note: Ethics and Language
- via PayPal to email@example.com with a $20 admin fee (total = $905)
- send a check to Two Birds Yoga Training c/o Balanced Hot Yoga 1669 Willamette St. Eugene, OR 97401
- Zelle to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? E-mail email@example.com
If you are, historically, a student of Gianna's, or the Siddhi School of Yoga, register through Gianna and The Siddhi School of Yoga